During this global pandemic we have been living near Algonquin Park, Ontario, and taking cues from nature.
Heat Pack: Natural Materials
80% by weight - Canadian beeswax blend with organic vegetable oil.
- Our packets are almost entirely beeswax! They’re loaded with an all-natural, renewable blend of beeswax and oil contained within a thin silicone membrane. This blend is compostable or upcyclable!
20% by weight – Sand-based silicone rubber membrane (not plastic!)
- The soft silicone membrane that contains the wax, is itself sourced from sand. This is not a petroleum-based product.
- Silicone is biocompatible and safe on skin. It won’t leach toxic chemicals and doesn’t harbour the same environmental risks as plastics. We are working towards replacing it with a biodegradable alternative, as silicone can’t be recycled easily or composted.
100% Made in Ontario
- Our Heat Packs are made right here in Haliburton, Ontario. We use low-energy processing techniques to grow our packets without heavy equipment, high pressures, or high temperatures.
- Hand Made! Our packets are made with love, by hand. Automation is great for a lot of things, but we believe our process benefits from a hands-on approach, keeping quality high, and jobs secure.
- We believe that when you follow nature’s cues and work with natural materials, good things happen.
- Our packets are filled with a natural balm – beeswax and oil. This blend can be used as a lotion or balm on the skin, or as a protective finish on leather or wood. Have an old salad bowl or butcher’s block that needs some love? When your packet comes to its end of days, empty the contents and rub it in!
Garment: Environmentally Conscientious Textile Choices
66% Rayon from Bamboo
- Bamboo is a fast-growing renewable plant, and a better choice over most cottons.
- Cotton is the main ingredient in most textiles worldwide. However, it is environmentally damaging due in-part to the large amounts of water required. We are working towards reducing and eventually completely replacing this component in our textiles
100% Made in Ontario
- We use local garment makers to sew our underwear. Building good relationships with local manufacturers is important to us. This helps maintain local economies, reduce fossil fuels from shipping halfway around the world, and keeps folks employed during a global pandemic